Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reflection One

A lesson plan is a detailed outline on what the teacher plans on teaching for that day or week. A lesson plan comes with many parts. One important part of the lesson plan is the learning objective. The learning objective is what the teacher expects the student to know by the time the lesson is over. There are many different types of lesson plans, such as constructivist, behaviorist and transpersonal. Each of these lesson plans have different purposes and are created to get certain kind of actions out of students. Lesson plans are designed to get some kind of student reaction, whether it is working in groups or working individually. Lesson plans can be created for different age groups, each having a main objective of what it is that the teacher would like to accomplish. Depending on the type of lesson plan and the age group, some lesson plans have a reflection section. The reflection section allows the teacher to reflect on the finished outcome. It allows a teacher to see if their learning objective had succeeded in the end. It also gives the teacher room to improve anything that may have altered the objective. A lesson plan lets a teacher become organized in the day’s events. When I was a daycare teacher, I had to create healthy and age appropriate lesson plans for toddlers. I had to make sure that the objective that I had planned for them was simple enough to bring good outcomes, so when it was time to do my reflections everything would come out fine. There were times when at the end of the lesson my objective hadn’t gotten through. Whenever that happened to me I would improve my lesson plan by keeping the same objective but switching up the activity. Maybe it was something that the children didn’t some how grasp so I would try it with something different. I would figure that maybe my concept wasn’t clear enough or maybe the children needed more time to gain control of the objective. As I moved on up in age groups I began to learn that it was then that your lesson plan had to really go in dept and become more in details as the children got older. With older children requires more response and participation. Lesson plans to me comes in different levels. Once a child masters a certain objective, teachers create lesson plans a little more difficult to challenge a child’s brain. Only testing them to see how far their cognitive skills go.

No comments:

Post a Comment